Contemporary Management of Prostate Cancer
Health Services Program
Imaging, Targeted Biopsy, and Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer Program
Renal Transplantation Program
Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery Program
Highlights of the UCLA Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (PMRS) Fellowship Program
- Zaid Chaudhry, MD
- Evgeniy Kreydin, MD
- My-Linh Nguyen, MD
- Andrew Medendorp, MD
- Janine Oliver, MD
- Lauren Wood, MD
- Gary Leach 82Tower Urology
- Philippe Zimmern 84UT Southwestern
- Roger Hadley 84Loma Linda
- David Staskin 85Elizabeth's Medical Center
- Carl Klutke 89Saratosa Memorial Hospital
- Victor Nitti 92NYU
- Chris Payne 93Stanford
- Michael Albo 96UCSD
- Mary Dupont 96Dupont Urology Center
- David Ginsberg 97USC
- Eric Rovner 97Univ of South Carolina
- Angelo Gousse 98Univ of Miami
- Sandip Vasavada 99Cleveland Clinic
- Craig Comiter 99Stanford
- Larissa Rodriguez 00UCLA
- Nirit Rosenblum 01NYU
- Nancy Itano 03Mayo Medical School
- Matthew Rutman 05Columbia
- Donna Deng 05UCSF
- Arthur Mourtizinos 06Lahey Clinic
- Christopher Twiss 08Univ of Arizona
- Ariana Smith 09Univ of Pennsylvania
- Ja-Hong Kim 09UCLA
- Shelby Morrisroe 10Southbay Urology
- Andrea Staack 10Loma Linda University
- Una Lee 11Virginia Mason Hospital & Medical Center
- Ngoc-Bich Le '12Duke Urology Clinic
- Lisa Rogo-Gupta '13Stanford Women's Cancer Center
- Denise Chow '13Kaiser Permanente San Rafael and Walnut Creek Medical Center
- Forrest Jellison '13San Antonio Military Medical Center
- Leah Nakamura '14Orange County Urology Associates
- Judy Choi '15UC Irvine Department of Urology
- Diana Kang '15Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines
- A. Lenore Ackerman '16Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Seth Cohen '16City of Hope
- We are an ACGME-approved program by the joint boards of the American Board of Urology and the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- This ACGME-approved program is a collaboration between UCLAs Departments of Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. We enroll both urologists and gynecologists seeking advanced training in female urology and urogynecology.
- Fellows work under the direct supervision of Dr. Shlomo Raz (UCLA Urology), as well as working with Dr. Christopher Tarnay (UCLA Obstetrics and Gynecology) and Drs. Ja-Hong Kim and Z. Chad Baxter (UCLA Urology).
- After graduation the fellows are board eligible in Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
- We provide and extensive and unusual surgical experience with more than 750 pelvic reconstructive surgeries done a year.
- Fellows will be trained in simple and complex reconstructive surgery including vaginal hysterectomy, anal sphincter reconstruction, recto-vaginal, vesico-vaginal and prostatic-rectal fistula repair, augmentation cystoplasty, continent pouch, repair of major vaginal prolapse and surgery for incontinence.
- Experience in diagnosis, surgery and programming of sacral root and sacral epidural neuromodulation with more than 700 cases implanted.
- More than 8000 visit a year in our outpatient clinic.
- State of the art video-urodynamics with more than 1000 cases performed a year.
- Research projects available in tissue engineering, stem cells or outcomes.
- More than 55 fellows graduated from our program. Most of them are now directors of programs in other academic and non academic institutions.
Length of Fellowship
The PMRS fellowship is 2 years long for Urology and 3 years for OBGYN trained residents. One year is research and the other one or two are clinical.
How To Apply
In order to apply for the fellowship go to:
- Search for fellowships in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstruction
- You need to obtain a token. The instructions are clear.
- The deadline for applications for the July 2018 fellows is TBD
Interview and Visits
It is not absolutely necessary but applicants are encouraged to request an appointment to visit our program or arrange a formal interview by contacting us at: email@example.com.
UCLA Department of Urology
David Geffen School of Medicine
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7366